marketing account manager
DEPARTMENT (CLIENT STRATEGY)
DATE PUBLISHED (07.08.21)
The Marketing Account Manager’s responsibilities include cultivating, developing, and managing strong relationships with all our clients. They will create detailed schedules, set deadlines at each stage of the project, and ensure that work is distributed equally and fairly between creative team members and other departments. Regular collaboration with the creative teams and other departments and hyper-focused attention to detail will be paramount for success in this role.
Compensation: F/T annual salary commensurate on years of experience.
Benefits: Subsidized Health Benefits, Paid Sick Leave (PSL), learning budgets, off-site activities, and an annual retreat.
Reports To: Chief Strategy Officer
Including, but not limited to:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all client account management matters.
- Build and maintain strong and long-lasting client relationships.
- Manage incoming client requests and projects efficiently using our project management system.
- Take ownership of all client project management functions and communicate effectively with all clients.
- Develop a trusting advisor relationship with key accounts and client stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to client needs and objectives.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Meet with the department heads to learn about the status of existing projects and details about new projects.
- Create a schedule for new jobs, and assign those tasks using automated software.
- Reschedule projects based on new or challenging priorities (e.g., rush jobs, pitching new projects).
- Report to management about current workflow, and communicate any possible issues with too much, or too little, work coming into the agency.
- Work with the accounting and production departments on invoicing and possible additional costs due to rush fees or unexpected deadlines.
- Work with freelancers and temporary contractors, getting them up to speed on projects that need their assistance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or some other related field is preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of demonstrated experience or a similar role.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience with project management software like Basecamp, Slack, Asana, or other similar programs.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, Zoho CRM, HubSpot, etc.) and Google products a plus.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to meet and exceed client needs.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management responsibilities at a time while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Understanding of basic relationship management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence clients.
- A capacity to work independently and collaboratively with all departments.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are critical.
- An ability to be calm under pressure while on tight deadlines.
- Must be a people person who easily interacts with clients and members of other departments.